Monday, July 9, 2007

Monday and it's another update.

So, Monday as arrived again. No surprise there. And there is another update to the blog. Maybe a small surprise there, but it's been pretty regular recently.

So last week was a bit of a low patch. A couple of things went wrong, some more stuff went wrong, motivation went away, and then even more things went wrong. So not much useful happened.

This has now changed. Websites will start being updated with more frequency, articles will be written more regularly, and a final attempt at the wine stain venture will be made.

Also, a decision was reached to do more 10 km event type things, which should hopefully lead into running more often. but we will have to see.

Finally, an idea was had on Friday. Following halfhaggis's semi successful Nanowrimo last year I have decided to attempt it this year. Nanowrimo happens in November. For me, I am not going to just write a novel, I am going to use it as a fundraiser to raise money for Animals in Distress. What I will be trying to get is pledges for every thousand words. So basically, if you pledge 1 rand per thousand words, and I hit the target, you will have to donate 50 rand to Animals in Distress. I will try and write the novel episodically and post it on a blog. This will hopefully allow me to get it to a larger audience than just people I know. So, let me know what you think.

That is All

2 comments:

kittychunk said...

Cunning idea re the Nanowrimo'ing; I would definitely support you in such a worthy venture.

Do you have any ideas for what you're going to write?

Schedule5 said...

Count me in for the sponsorship. I'll see if I can rope in others too.