Monday, April 9, 2007

The long weekend is over

So, a long weekend has come and gone. It was interesting. Made a couple of changes, did a few things, all in all a useful 4 days.

I've decided to start running again. Now for a change, this wasn't just a decision, but action was taken on it too. This came about because of the weight I seem to have put on and can't seem to shift. So, running it is. Started on Saturday with 7km. not running the whole way, due to my low levels of fitness, but still, 53 minutes. not too horrific. followed this up with 4km on Sunday, 7km on Monday and another 4 this morning. This morning was tough as it required a very early start, 4:30. If I can keep it up for a couple of weeks it won't be so much of an issue.

Also, in my quest to become a better photographer, I have posted another 2 pics to Deviant Art. let me know what you think.

Monday was an interesting trip to Jo'burg Zoo. They are really trying to upgrade the enclosures, and the new ones make the Polar Bear enclosure look terrible again. oh well, hopefully they do something about it.

That is all.

1 comment:

halfhaggis said...

Running is hideous, but if it works for you -- good luck.

The Polar Bear enclosure is always hideous in Africa. It's a frigging polar bear. :-)