Monday, April 16, 2007

Random Musings - The Monday Edition

So the weekend was full of visiting and shopping. Visiting was fun and a good time was had by all, or at least I like to think so.

Shopping was interesting too. After the success of the running start, I decided to get an ipod shuffle to help with continuing the running adventure. It's much easier to exercise when you aren't listening to the pounding of blood in your ears. The Ipod purchase was also hastened by the relative success that the running has met with, but more on that below.

So, after Friday was taken as a day off from the running, which was missed once I got to work, Saturday and Sunday proceded at a much better pace. The 7km route on Saturday I managed in 49 minutes, which meant that I achieved my first time goal of 7min/km for 7km. This was a surprise as I expected it to be at least 2 weeks before that happened. On Sunday we only went for a 4km run and I managed to shave 2 minutes off my time there, leaving me with a 26 minute run, or 6,5 min/km, a nearly respectable time. This speed I think was aided by the Ipod, justifying me buying it. I don't expect to continue with this rate of achievement, but if I keep the running going I think slow progress will occur. So don't look out for the 4 minute mile yet.

That is all

4 comments:

kittychunk said...

I am KittyChunk of Pod.

Resistance is futile.

You will be one with the Pod people.

Michael F said...

AAARRRGGGHHH no no no...

why did you do it! so many alternatives, so much choice, and you go with the trend, tsk tsk :-)

ah well, good work with the running, two oceans next year?

halfhaggis said...

Futile Resistance < 1 ohm

Gaz said...

nah, two oceans isn't for me. I'm not all that keen to be running more than about 21 km. although, 5FM triathlons are in the second half of the year, and those might be tempting.